Friday, July 25, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday//Five things I love about where I am

Is it really Friday again, already? Seriously, where did this week go? In an attempt to be completely honest on this blog - I should let you know that I've been in a bit of a funk this week. I get claustrophobic here - need to get out, do something different....but that has proved to be one of The Most Difficult things Ever! Transportation is hard, the husbands schedule is hard (but getting better, praise the Lord!), lack of things to do....the list of hindrances goes on. But, in an attempt to pull myself out of this funk....here are Five things I love about living here (in no particular order).
{One.} I love knowing that we are in the will of God. I have No doubt that God called us to Brazil to love on these boys. Is it a hard job? Yes, most definitely....but, it can be so rewarding at the same time. Sometimes in the midst of their attitudes, it is easy to forget just how precious of a job God has entrusted to us - and that is something I never want to forget or take for granted. I know that this time here at Hope Mountain is just for a season, a precious season, and my constant prayer is that during this time, I would be here-all here- for these boys.
{Two} We live so close to so many beautiful beaches. We literally have a handful of gorgeous beaches that we can choose from-and arrive at in less than an hour. Plus, it is basically summer weather at least 300 days a year - so we get lots of use out of those pretty beaches. 
{Three} It has been the greatest adventure for Isanon and I. Not many people can say that they moved out of the country and became 'parents' to 25+ boys -less than three months into their marriage. And while it has not been the easiest on our marriage, it has taught and continues to teach us many things. Sometimes at night, we lay awake in bed laughing at the stories of things that we've gone through in these first (almost!) two years of marriage...and I know that many years from now, we will lay awake in bed again, still laughing at those same adventures. I love doing life with this guy. 
{Four} I love being able to bake for these boys. It is pretty rare that these boys get any type of 'dessert-type food' here, so it is fun to surprise them with cake, or cookies, or something of that sort every now and then. It doesn't hurt that baking is something that I truly enjoy doing either, and the smiles that come to their faces when they see me walk out with a tray of goodies makes my heart happy. Throwing a party and celebrating their birthdays would also fall into this category, I love it. 
{Five} I love that we got our little guy Tyson. If we never would have came to Hope, we wouldn't have met the couple that gave us Ty-Ty. This little guy has brought us so much laughter (and so many headaches) in the year and a half that we have had him. He is such a sweet, good boy. 
And there you have it, Five things I love about where I am right now Hope everyone has a great weekend, I am off to plan a birthday party! 

 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.pngMomfessionals

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up. You guys seem like truly wonderful people. What a great way to start your life together.

    Come by and say hi www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Sarita! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that is an exciting life you lead! what a difference you are making in those boys' lives. what a blessing you are to them. how sweet that you bake for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words - these boys have definitely been a blessing and taught me so much. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this! What y'all do each day is such an inspiration! I love the photos. That's so cool that you're so close to so many beautiful beaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! We truly are blessed to be where we are right now - and have the opportunity to love on these crazy boys.

      Delete