Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Currently. {Vol. 07}

A Mama Collective

Thinking about: Friendships. There are now 4 couples living here at Hope, taking care of all these boys - and the whole dynamic of Hope Mountain has changed. For so long it has been just two couples - just four of us here 24 hours with these crazies. It is nice to have the extra help though...we are definitely thankful for it. It has been nice to have other people around here. I get really lonely being here sometimes, and having new friends around helps a lot. 

Reading: I finished reading Orphan Train yesterday. I loved it. The story kept me interested until the very end - wanting to know what became of that little orphan girl. It also has deepened a desire that I've always had in adopting or being Foster parents. There are so many children out there that just want to be loved and have a home of their own. Even all our boys here with us - we can love them, and care for them....but its not the same as having their own family. 

Listening to: I am a noise person - I don't like to sit in a silent house, and since I don't watch much TV (except shows at night with the husband) that means there is music streaming through my house always when I am home. Honestly, I don't always listen to the best music. I like to dance while cleaning - and a good beat always makes housework go by quicker. That is what I tell myself anyways. With that being said, I've been trying to make an effort to really listen to uplifting things more often. This song by Kari Jobe hit me hard. His love really is enough. 


Watching: Today we had a big party to watch our Brazil team get slaughtered. Such a sad game. Germany is a good team though and we had fun - even though the game was hard to watch. Isanon and I are still really into 24 also. We try to watch an episode together every night after the boys go to bed. 

Goals for this week:
last week
  • clean out the fridge and defrost my freezer. made a huge mess, but its done. 
  • Take Ty for walks/outside every day.  The hubs is really the one to thank for this one. He took him out every morning at 5am and let him run....made him so much calmer for me during the day. 
  • Make cookies or something for the boys, just because. I made cake pops for the game today. 
  • Do schedule for English classes. - nope, didn't do this one. The boys are on break from school though, so I probably won't start back up until school does. 
This week

  • organize my sewing stuff. 
  • start translating devotional book. 
  • make it a priority to have coffee with Tia Rosa. 
  • pray for Isanon every night. 

Verse of the week: And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

1 comment:

  1. What you do is amazing!! I am glad you have some new friends to help out!

    Stopping by from the link up. I am Becky with Choose Happy :)

    ReplyDelete